Welcome to Breaking The Patterns From The Past - FREE Facebook Community.
I set this group up to promote much needed information and basic support around healing from childhood trauma and attachment issues that many of us struggle with today.
We now know so much more about how our brains and nervous systems are affected by our past and also how we can start to heal by harnessing the power of neuroplasticity - working directly with the brain and body.
Please feel free to share your story in the group and also share any information that you think my be useful to members.
This group is a companion to my main website - schematherapyonline.com so from time to time I will post new blog posts, free learning resources and any webinars and workshops that I create. I will also occasionally promote new courses that I have created.
Please read the following rules before posting.
1. Please try not to give advice unless it is specifically asked for. Many of us have been brought up in environments in which we were shut down or ignored. You can help other members by sharing what has helped you or what has worked for you, or also share if you have experienced something similar. Please do not give any medical advice or discuss medication.
2. Please remember that it takes a lot of courage to share our feelings and thoughts in an open space. Please make sure you that consider your response before posting and as far as possible come from a place of empathy and respectful communication.
3. Please do not promote products or services in this group unless you have received permission from myself - Christine Askew.
4. Please do not send unsolicited private messages to other group members or send them friend requests. Anyone who violates this rule will be removed from the group.
5. If you find any interesting relevant talks, videos, or articles related to the topics discussed here please feel free to share.
6. Although I am a trained therapist, I cannot provide personal therapy for peoples issues through this group. If you would like to receive therapeutic help I can provide a list of recommendations for you of therapists that work in the field of trauma and attachment.
7. You don't need to post 'trigger warning' before any posts.
Thank you so much for reading these guidelines and I hope you gain a lot of benefit from this group.