If you identify with 5 or more of these statements, the chances are you have this schema.
- 1People have called me pessimistic but I believe I am a realist.
- 2I find it hard to be happy as I know something bad will eventually happen.
- 3You can't be too careful as things generally tend to go wrong.
- 4It's much better to expect the worst than to be constantly disappointed.
- 5People have said that I am a worrier.
- 6I tend to think about the dark side of life a lot.
- 7I am rarely spontaneous and tend to be a creature of habit and routine.
- 8I find it really difficult to make decisions because a wrong choice could lead to disaster.
- 9People often tell me to 'cheer up" or 'look on the bright side'.
- 10I find myself obsessively planning to ensure mistakes don't happen.
You can find out more about this schema in the video above.